Saturday, August 11, 2007

Consuming Technology

An article on yahoo.com from the AP states that there is a battle going on between HD DVD players and Blue-Ray Discs. Consumers are urged to pick sides, because one or the other will come out on the top and regular DVDs will be fogotten forever, just like VHSs. Is it just me, or are we way too consumed by technology today? I mean, there are so many different new technologies coming out I get completely confused. What is HD TV and such? Etc Etc Etc!!! It seems like it was just yesterday they came out with DVDs, and now this. I have a large DVD library (more than I should have. I think buying movies and music is my weakness I need to learn to control). I used to have a large VHS library. Honestly folks, I think all they want is your money. They'll just keep coming out with more and more new technology and you'll keep throwing out the old technology and replacing it with the new technology. What do you think?

To read the AP article, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know which one's going to win. Personally, I don't care. Whichever one does win, though, it better have the ability to play the old DVDs, because I'm not getting rid of my collection. I would still be using VHS tapes if they didn't wear out. Since DVDs are semi-indestructible I don't see any reason to get rid of them. It will be nice to have the main movie and the special features on one disc, but other than that, I don't think the average Joe (or Jane) will be able to tell a difference.