Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Charles Billingsley

As I lay in bed tonight, trying to fall asleep, I couldn't get the chorus to a certain song out of my head. The song is sung by Charles Billingsley, who is a great Christian singing artist. I've seen him in concert twice, both times I met him in the lobby and he seemed a very humble man stuck on praising God. He also has a great voice! I believe he is currently the worship pastor at the local church connected with Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. Anyway, here are the lyrics to the chorus I could not get our my head (I don't remember the name of the song or the lyrics to the rest of the song, but just these short sentences and verses have a whole lot of meaning in them - I think that's why I can't get them out of my head - they popped up pretty randomly - it's like God wanted me to take a short time to sit and reflect in awe of His great mercy):

He paid for all my sins with love
And at the cost of His own blood
He paid for all my sins with love
Love that has completely,
Love that has forever freed me

No comments: