Thursday, July 12, 2007

Potential Aida Movie

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/07/07/beyonce-in-talks-to-lead-disneys-aida-source-says/

I love the music in Disney's version of Aida (even if the opera is better), but I never actually saw the musical on stage. I've only listened to the recording. I think I'd be open to a movie version of it. I guess disney is considering making their own musical movies. Musical movies has been a trend lately. Hairspray and Mamma Mia are on their way to the bigscreen. I'm glad to see how musical movies have progressed since "Moulin Rouge" came out, which was a total laugh, but the musicals today lack the classic, clean humor and light heart aspect of older musical films, but it's still nice to see them appreciated again. It does seem strange to me that Disney would choose to do a movie version of Aida, however. If I remember right, it was not out for very long and did not get very good reviews. I'm not too keen on Beyonce playing the title role, either. She has an ok voice, but she's a terrible actress. Plus, I hate how she dresses: just like all teenage girls today she refuses to dress modestly. I can only hope.

No comments: