Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Personal Monday: Questions for Believers and Nonbelievers

Why is is that I have such a hard time concentrating some times, especially when I pray. I barely pray at all (never out loud, always in private). I try to pray privately as much as possible, daily. It seems, however, that every time I pray my mind always strays to other thoughts and I get off track, especially at night when I'm trying to fall asleep. On top of that, I don't think I've spent enough time with the Lord lately, not even reading my Bible. How do you keep concentrating? How do you convince yoruself to read your Bible even when you don't feel like it? And another random question, why is it that when you're supposed to go to bed and be sleeping at night you never can get yourself to fall asleep, but it's so easy to take a nap or fall asleep for a long period of time in the middle of the day? It's really annoying me tonight. I just can't sleep, as evidenced by the fact that I'm up at 3:21 AM writing this and contemplating watching a movie or reading a book. It's still Monday on my clock. No worries, now that I've gotten these thoughts off my shoulder I'm sure it will be mutch easier to fall asleep.


Pictures taken from Blingo.com image search

1 comment:

a Witness of the truth said...

The Bible says to pray without ceasing. how do u do that? well basically, God hears every thought you've ever thought and knew your every thought before you were born and still you live, lol.
Therefore you pray all the time, the only difference would be you being conscious of that.

http://www.theholyghostspeaksplainly.blogspot.com