Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Karaoke on TV


Has anyone noticed that both Fox and NBC have exactly the same show with different names, sets, and hosts. Fox airs "Don't forget the lyrics" and NBC airs "The singing bee." On both shows, contestants must listen to a song and complete it when the music blacks out. The concept is cute, but nothing special. I would love to be a part of the live audience, but I'm not so crazy about watching either of them on TV. If I had to choose, I would choose "Singing Bee" because it's cuter and has a better host. The colors resemble those of a bumble bee and there are dancers dressed in bumble bee colors. "Don't Forget the Lyrics" is more like a classic karaoke game with its boring sets and only so so host. Another thing I like about "Singing Bee" is that a lot of the songs are oldies, and I like oldies a lot more than I like old songs. They often have a cleaner, more innocent feel to them and aren't as dark, more fun.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Singing_Bee/
http://www.fox.com/dontforget/

No comments: