Friday, September 14, 2007

They Were There

The chill of the morning air brushes on my cheek,

As I remember the good and bad memories of my past.

I remember every time I cried out for love,

Every time I weeped because of loneliness.

I was a star that shone dimly by itself in the sky,

And still I learned things from it,

And the cold air disappears,

When I know that YOU ARE THERE.

My parents that never left my side,

The ones who stretched out a loving hand,

And held me through the night.

What is there in a girl that is different,

That makes gloom seem right for her.

But to stand upright, to be tall inside,

Makes the sky brighten,

And the clouds clear,

Because THEY WERE THERE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I help sponsor a poetry contest with a $10,000 first place prize every month. I thought your poem would be a good candidate. Just click my name for the site. Keep on writing...